Monday morning we came into the office to a flood of online order notifications. As we manage a number of eCommerce websites for our clients we tend to get copied in on the orders and what a weekend it has been!
Over the past few months we have been working closely with a number of Nottinghamshire based companies who have ventured into the online shopping world and are starting to reap the rewards for being ranked highly on Google not to mention seeing a huge increase in turnover and enquiries.
We are all hoping that this is the start of a good online shopping season and are preparing our customers for a busy year ahead. If you are expecting a sudden surge in sales then we strongly recommend that you take note of the following points:
1. Do you have enough bandwidth to deal with an increase in visitors?
2. Do you have sufficient stock to cater for an increase in orders?
3. Are the search engine optimisation elements on your website correct?
4. Have you looked into using Online Chat as some people who shop online cannot always pick up the phone and prefer to email/chat so you could increase your sales just by having an online chat system installed on your website.
5. Last but not least, always keep an eye on your competitors website and see if anything they are doing you could do better!
If you are already online and have an eCommerce website then we wish you the best of luck for the 2010 season. If you are yet to try online shopping for your business and would like more information please visit the eCommerce section of our website.