The internet is an amazing thing, from its humble beginnings to the global phenomenon that it is now, it provides millions of people with jobs, plays a huge part in business, and helps people find information from all over the world in just a few clicks of a button.
An infographic has been doing the rounds of the internet showing exactly how much goes on in the internet in just 60 seconds, and here are the amazing results.
To break things down a little, in 1 online minute the following happens –
- Google serves more that 694,445 search queries
- 6,600+ pictures are uploaded on to Flickr
- 600 videos are uploaded on YouTube, amounting to 25+ hours of content
- 695,000 status updates, 79,364 wall posts and 510,040 comments are published on Social Networking site Facebook
- 70 New website domains are registered
- 168,000,000+ emails are sent
- 320 new accounts and 98,000 tweets are generated on Social Networking site Twitter
- iPhone applications are downloaded more than 13,000 times
- 20,000 new posts are published on Micro-blogging platform tumbler
- Popular web browser FireFox is downloaded more than 1700 times
- Popular blogging platform WordPress is downloaded more than 50 times
- WordPress Plugins are downloaded more than 125 times
- 100 accounts are created on professional networking site LinkedIn
- 40 new Questions are asked on YahooAnswers.com
- 100+ questions are asked on Answers.com
- 1 new article is published on Associated Content, the world’s largest source of community-created content
- 1 new definition is added on UrbanDictionary.com
- 1,200+ new ads are created on Craigslist
- 370,000+ minutes of voice calls done by Skype users
- 13,000+ hours of music streaming is done by personalized Internet radio provider Pandora
- 1,600+ reads are made on Scribd, the largest social reading publishing company
Pretty impressive right? with that much going on, if you and your business aren’t online then you’re desperately missing out.
For more information regarding getting your business online please call our Web Design Agency on 0845 050 2045.